Rattan garden furniture is generally very low maintenance, however with all things, after years of use, it could do with a little sprucing up. In this blog post, we'll talk you through some steps to give it a new lease of life.
1) Brush the set down of any dirt using a bristled brush.
2) If you have rattan pieces that have come loose and are sticking out, apply a little glue before weaving them back in where they came from.
3) If you have a flat weave you may notice some scratches, if you use a hairdryer to slowly warm up the rattan you can then buff these scratches out with a soft cloth.
4) Now you have tidied up any damage, you can look to your cushions. Firstly, machine washing your covers on a 30 degree gentle cycle.
5) The plumper the cushion the new it looks so invest in some cushion filler to fill out your older cushions again.
6) Cut off any loose threading on the fabric.
7) Lastly, clean any glass tables with warm water and window cleaner.
Once complete, you'll find your set is looking much healthier than when you started but you could go one step further by investing in some fresh scatter cushions to add a pop of colour or a centrepiece for your table.
If you think the time has come for you and your set to part ways, or your set is beyond repair then do take a look at our range.